Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

A large company refuses to honor a contract for damage to my property, basically telling me to take him to court. I can't afford to do this. My only recourse is to get the story on the internet and other public forums. How do I do this?

The general principle regarding damages is that a claimant can recover compensation by an action for tort for all injuries that result from a defendant’s wrongful act or omission.  The rule of damages for an injury that is caused to a property is the same as that applied for damages in tort cases.  An injured party is entitled to damag...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started