Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

Can a private limited company reduce the declared authorized capital at any point of time?

Yes, you can reduce authorized capital up to an amount that is equal to or more than paid up capital.

Steps to reduce the authorized capital of a Private Limited Company:

1. Alteration of MoA

2. Carry out Ordinary Resolution

3. Update the registrar about changes


View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started