Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

Hi, I was working in a reputed s/w company and I resigned from my duties a year ago. During my employment I was under an employment bond which stated that I have to work with the company for a period of 2 years, breaching of which I will be liable to pay 1lakh INR as loss recovery. I worked with the company for 1 year and 3 months before resigning. I was told by my peers that the HR team might or might not ask for the payment of bond money, so I took the chance to resign, thinking I would just cancel my resignation request if they mention about the bond money.

As per the employment agreement signed by you at the time of the joining states that you have a pay sum of INR 1,00,000 (One lakh) in case you leave the company before 2 years, as you have just completed the period of 1 year and 3 months with the company so, you are liable to pay the bond amount to the company to get your full and final settlement and...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started