Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

How can I reduce the share capital of my company?

Section 66 of the Companies Act, 2013 lays down the procedure to for reduction of capital of a company. Such a reduction involves repurchase of some (not all) shares by the company and a consequent cancellation of those shares.

The process to reduce the capital of a company:

  1. The company must first propose the reduction ...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started