Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

I and my friend own an import-export business as a partnership entity and got the partnership pan card during 2010. In the year 2012, my friend went to the bank to open an account and it was registered as proprietor and SSI registration was also done as proprietor as he was doing it all alone, and no bank was willing to give a business loan to him and only one bank agreed and it did it as proprietor. He started export using the given IEC without knowing the underlying difference. He filed returns as proprietor since then. No partnership return is filed since he was doing the business all alone and I was not aware of that. He came to know of this conflict issue in the year 2017, kindly suggest a solution.

You will have to apply for cancellation of PAN giving a reason that the business was not started and hence there are no returns filed. However, if the department comes back and asks you to file returns of the partnership firm you will have to do the nill returns for the same. However, the customs department wouldn't have cleared your products to be ex...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started