Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

I had paid INR 5L as advance as check payment to a builder regarding the sale of a property. The builder provided me the agreement of sale on nonjudicial stamp paper which wasn't registered but was signed by the builder. Due to personal reasons we have, I have decided not to go ahead with the purchase. The builder is not providing me the refund, it has been 3 years and there have been never-ending calls that I have made to the builder. Please help me on this.

By accepting your plea you have already legally proved that the builder has accepted the money and hence he is now liable to repay it to you. You can now send a legal notice to the builder and give him a certain amount of time and if he fails to pay by that time you can start charging interest. However, all these should be clearly stated in the Legal ...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started