Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

I have taken a building on rent for 1 year with 3 months notice period, during mid of June 2017. The agreement was done before a notary. My owner is still partially occupying some vital space in the area under the agreement. He is demanding full rent though giving partial occupancy otherwise asking to leave. But keeping the view of the long-term lease we have invested more than 1.8 lakhs. Moving out of building ll be a loss for what should we do to protect our interest

Since you have paid the advance amount as mentioned int he rental agreement, it is not feasible for the owner to aberrated from the terms of the agreement. You can ask the owner fo a proportionate reduction in rent as partial space is occupied by the landlord. You can issue a legal notice to the landlord to vacate the portion of th...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started