Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

I'm an Indian resident. I want to transfer the shares that I have held in my name to a foreigner. Can I do that?

Possible only if your business is in a sector where 100% FDI is allowed.

However, whenever an Indian resident transfers shares to a foreign resident/ company it should not be done at less than the present fair market value of the company.

Such transfer of shares comes under FEMA Compliance and hence, we need to file FC-TRS form ...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started