Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

I want to form a Tax Consultancy firm (Sole Proprietorship Firm) on full time service basis. Proposed Firm Name as: “Gayatri Associates” – Tax Consultants Court of Practice : Income Tax Department, Service Tax Department, VAT (Sale Tax) Department, Income Tax Appellate Authorities, CESTAT Tribunal & VAT (Sale Tax)Tribunal only. I am planning to get registration with local authorities (Shop & Establishment Authorities) & Service Tax Department only when I reach Rs.10 Lac gross receipt in any forthcoming Financial Year.

1. No, there is no restriction from Bar Council of India or State Bar Council for forming Tax Consultancy Firm (as Sole Proprietorship firm) for an Advocate.

2. Yes, you can use your daughter’s name as your firm’s name.

3. No, it’s not necessary, you can register the firm with registrar of firms if neces...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started