Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

Is it mandatory to change a single savings bank account (not a joint account with another resident Indian) to an NRE/NRO account if an Indian move to the USA?

If you’re planning to stay in the USA for an uncertain period, yes. You need to redesignate it as NRO.


View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started