Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

Its been almost 3 months since I got married to a girl but after marriage, she doesn't want to stay with me as she was forced to marry me by her parents. Now she wants to stay separate from me. Her boyfriend misleading her to leave me. Can I lodge an FIR against her boyfriend for misleading my wife? Can i file for divorce? What if she filled dowry or any case against me? What should I do?

If your wife filing a Dowry case or a Domestic violence case against you and your family is an independent event and hence, you can neither anticipate it nor prevent it. Only thing is to make sure you have the evidence against the contrary so that you can prove your innocence beyond a shadow of a doubt because the burden of proof in these cases is wit...

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started