Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

We are Indian company and have received a civil court summons for copyright infringement from a company in US. How do we respond?

I would require more details about your case to help you out in a better manner. However, as a general rule, it is necessary for you to file a reply to the summons within the prescribed time period. In your reply you have two options: you can either ‘file an answer’ or you can ‘file for dismissal’ of the case.

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started