Ask an expert! Legal, accounting and compliance advice from qualified professionals.

Share Details


Your Question has been submitted.

The Counsel team is processing your question and connecting to the best suited professional from the community to have it answered. We’ll get back with an answer shortly.

What is a legal remedy if the police register an FIR of offense against daughter-in-law lodged by her mother-in-law under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizen Act, 2007 where her children, not daughter-in-law are responsible and obligated u/s. 4 of the said act?

The offense is bailable one, the accused may submit bail bonds before the police and there won't be any arrest in the matter.

Note, Daughter in Law is not responsible to maintain the Mother in Law.

In case an FIR is registered against you, then the remedy is to either file for quashing of FIR before the Court or fight the trial. 

View answer

Looking to hire a professional from our handpicked community?

Explore our services, submit your request and let us do the rest for you.

Get started