Close a Private Limited Company
Virtual process to take care of compliances.
More about Close a Private Limited Company
Ways to closing a Private limited company
- By winding up of a company:
- By the Tribunal (also known as compulsory winding up): This is done by MCA subjected to their rules and decision. The company doesn’t have a control over this.
- Voluntary winding up: This can be initiated by the company. This method is used when a company has assets and liabilities and would want to wind up. It is a complex and time consuming process.
- Subject to the supervision of the court: The court can order winding up of a company in response to a petition filed. The company does not have control over this process
- Striking off of the Company (STK-2 Filing):
- Companies eligible for STK-2 filing can file a request with MCA to strike of their company from the Register of Companies. On approval, the status of these company is changed to Struck off (defunct). This is a relatively simple process and widely used by companies which are no longer in business.
Process FlowTimeline 4-6 working days
- Raise a request with us, discussion with Wazzeer team, share basic information
- Review proposal and hire
- Share details and documents
- EGM to Propose Closure of the Company
- Preparation of accounts
- Documentation and their notarization
- Filing for STK-2
- Certificate of Incorporation
- MoA and AoA
- PAN of the company
- Bank account closure document
- Statement of accounts
- STK-3 and STK-4 forms filled and on a stamp paper
- Board resolutions
- STK-2 Filed Acknowledgement
Why choose Wazzeer?
One platform for all your requirements
Incorporation is just the first step. Wazzeer supports you throughout your journey as an entrepreneur. Log in to get things done efficiently. A dedicated Account Manager offers the required human touch and acts as an advisor to you.
Our professionals have at least 5 years of experience and have incorporated thousands of companies among them. The rich experience ensures that the process is smooth and right in the first go.
Over the last few years, doing over 500 incorporations, we have defined every step of the process. A virtual process is in place enabling us to deliver hassle free experience for you.
You pay what you see in the proposal. No surprises or hidden charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is STK-2 Filing
When can a company go for STK-2 Filing?
The company has failed to commence its business within one year of its incorporation company is not carrying on any business or operation for a period of two immediately preceding financial years
What are the conditions to be satisfied for the company before it files for STK-2?
- The Company should not have any assets and Liabilities
In case, if assets and liabilities have been shown in the previously filed balance sheet, proofs should be shown that the assets have been disposed off and Liabilities waived off or repaid
- The Company should not have any Bank Accounts
If the Company had previously opened any bank account requisite proofs should be shown for closure of such accounts
Will my liabilities cease to exist once I file STK-2
My Company provides Financial advice to public and I had taken RBI Approval to incorporate my Company. Can I directly go for STK-2 Filing?
What happens to my DIN if I file STK-2
I have not done any filing for last 3 years. Can I apply for STK-2?
Once I file STK-2, how long does it take for MCA to change the status of my company from Active to Struck-off (Defunct)?
Is it guaranteed that my Company will be struck-off once I file STK-2?
Still have doubts?
Drop us a note with basic details. You will receive a call from us.