Import Export Code (IEC) registration
Streamlined virtual process for quick and easy registration.
More about Import Export Code (IEC) registration
The need of Import Export Code
- IEC is now same as your PAN (for Proprietorship) and Company's PAN for other companies.
Process FlowTimeline 4-6 working days
- Raise a request with us, discussion with Wazzeer team, share basic information
- Review proposal and hire
- Share details and documents
- Filing of IEC application
- Sharing of IEC
- Approval from the department
- Sharing of IEC certificate
- PAN Card copy of the business entity
- Company incorporation certificate (in case of Pvt Ltd/ OPC/ LLP)
- Registration Certificate (in case of Registered Partnership Firm)
- Partnership Deed (in case of Unregistered Partnership Firm)
- PAN Copy of any one Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor
- Photo of all the Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor
- Proof of address for business premises (Rental agreement if rented, Property tax paid challan + NOC if owned by partner)
- Electricity bill copy for the address of the business premises.
- Cancelled check or Banker's Certificate (Format to be shared)
- Soft copy of IEC certificate
- Hard copy of IEC certificate
Why choose Wazzeer?
One platform for all your requirements
Incorporation is just the first step. Wazzeer supports you throughout your journey as an entrepreneur. Log in to get things done efficiently. A dedicated Account Manager offers the required human touch and acts as an advisor to you.
Our professionals have at least 5 years of experience and have incorporated thousands of companies among them. The rich experience ensures that the process is smooth and right in the first go.
Over the last few years, doing over 500 incorporations, we have defined every step of the process. A virtual process is in place enabling us to deliver hassle free experience for you.
You pay what you see in the proposal. No surprises or hidden charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it mandatory that all exporters or importers get Import Export Code registration?
- Importers covered by clause 3(1) [except sub-clauses(e) and (l)]
- Exporters covered by clause 3(2) [except sub-clauses (i) and (k)] of Foreign Trade (Exemption from application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993.
- Ministries/ Departments of Central or State Government.
- Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
- Persons importing / exporting goods from/ to Nepal, Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas and China (through Gunji, Namgaya Shipkila and Nathula ports), provided CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000. In case of Nathula port, the applicable value ceiling will be Rs.100,000.
Can I Export/ Import without IEC?
Apart from IEC being a mandatory document, does it offer any other advantage?
Is PAN Number/ PAN card essential? Is there any alternative?
Can an individual apply for IEC?
What is the procedure for NRI to apply for IEC registration?
What are the documents and procedure for a foreign national for obtaining IEC?
My business has multiple units, offices and products. Do I need to obtain separate IEC for each of them?
Do we need to file any returns for the IEC that we obtain?
Can I surrender Import Export Code number if I do not wish to operate as Exporter Importer?
What is the validity period of the IEC? Do I need to renew it in the future?
Can the details on the IEC license be modified?
Still have doubts?
Drop us a note with basic details. You will receive a call from us.