Professional Tax (PT) registration
Streamlined virtual process for quick and easy registration.
More about Professional Tax (PT) registration
When does a venture need to register for Professional Tax?
- All business entities need to get Professional Tax registration done before the financial year in which the company was incorporated ends. It is a mandatory registration for all businesses
- In Karnataka, professional tax comprises of two parts - enrollment and registration. PT Enrollment is to be done before the end of the financial year in which the business entity was formed. PT Registration is to be done when the business employs any employee with a salary above Rs 15,000 per month.
- Also in Karnataka, if there are less than 120 days left in the financial year after incorporation you need not go for PT Enrollment or PT Registration in that financial year. You can directly go for enrollment (and registration) in the next financial year.
Process FlowTimeline 4-6 working days
- Raise a request with us, discussion with Wazzeer team, share basic information
- Review proposal and hire
- Share details and documents
- Apply for registration for Professional Tax
- Payment of applicable professional tax
- Approval from the department
- Share PT Registration Certificate and Login Credentials, if applicable
- PAN card of the business entity
- For Pvt Ltd or OPC:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- Copy of Board resolution (format to be provided by us)
- For LLP or partnership
- Registration certificate for LLP
- LLP/ Partnership deed
- Bank statement/ Cancelled check leaf
- Proof of address for business premises (Rental agreement if rented , Property tax paid challan if owned, NOC from the owner of the property)
- Copy of electricity bill/landline bill, water bill
- PAN and ID proof of the Directors or Partners
- Photographs of the Directors or Partners
- Certificate of PT Enrollment Certificate, if applicable
- PT registration Certificate
- PT Portal Login Credentials, if applicable
Why choose Wazzeer?
One platform for all your requirements
Incorporation is just the first step. Wazzeer supports you throughout your journey as an entrepreneur. Log in to get things done efficiently. A dedicated Account Manager offers the required human touch and acts as an advisor to you.
Our professionals have at least 5 years of experience and have incorporated thousands of companies among them. The rich experience ensures that the process is smooth and right in the first go.
Over the last few years, doing over 500 incorporations, we have defined every step of the process. A virtual process is in place enabling us to deliver hassle free experience for you.
You pay what you see in the proposal. No surprises or hidden charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I have to get my Professional Tax Registration
In Karnataka, professional tax comprises of two parts - enrollment and registration. PT Enrollment is to be done before the end of the financial year in which the business entity was formed. PT Registration is to be done when the business employs any employee with a salary above Rs 15,000 per month.
Also in Karnataka, if there are less than 120 days left in the financial year after incorporation you need not go for PT Enrollment or PT Registration in that financial year. You can directly go for enrollment (and registration) in the next financial year.
What is the amount of Professional Tax to be paid by the firm?
When do I have to deduct PT from the salaries of my employees?
I already have some employees and I have not done PT Registration. What should I do now?
You will need to pay the applicable professional tax for your employees for all the months that have been missed along with the interest and penalties.
When do I have to renew my PT Registration?
What happens when my company is Closed
Still have doubts?
Drop us a note with basic details. You will receive a call from us.