More about Shops & Establishment (S&E)/ Labour License registration

When does a venture need S&E registration or Labour License?

  • The Shops and Establishment Act is enacted to ensure quality work atmosphere for employees. A venture need to get the registration done when it employs it first employee (with or without wages).

Process Flow

Timeline 4-6 working days
  • Raise a request with us, discussion with Wazzeer team, share basic information
  • Review proposal and hire
  • Share details and documents
  • Shops & Establishment (Labour License) application
  • Payment of the government fees
  • Approval from the department
  • Sharing of S&E certificate or labour license

Required Documents

  • PAN card of the business entity
  • For Pvt Ltd or OPC:
    • Certificate of Incorporation
    • Memorandum of Association (MOA)
    • Articles of Association (AOA)
    • Copy of Board resolution (format to be provided by us)
  • For LLP or partnership
    • Registration certificate for LLP
    • LLP/ Partnership deed
  • Proof of address for business premises (Rental agreement if rented , Property tax paid challan if owned, NOC from the owner of the property)
  • Copy of electricity bill/landline bill, water bill
  • PAN and address proof of the Directors or Partners
  • Photographs of the Directors or Partners

Key Deliverables

  • S&E Form A acknowledgement copy
  • Shops and Establishment certificate

Why choose Wazzeer?

  • One platform for all your requirements

    Incorporation is just the first step. Wazzeer supports you throughout your journey as an entrepreneur. Log in to get things done efficiently. A dedicated Account Manager offers the required human touch and acts as an advisor to you.

  • Experienced professionals

    Our professionals have at least 5 years of experience and have incorporated thousands of companies among them. The rich experience ensures that the process is smooth and right in the first go.

  • Defined process

    Over the last few years, doing over 500 incorporations, we have defined every step of the process. A virtual process is in place enabling us to deliver hassle free experience for you.

  • Cost Effective

    You pay what you see in the proposal. No surprises or hidden charges.

Frequently Asked Questions

According to the Act, you will have to register for S&E Registration within 30 days of commencement of work. Here commencement of work can be interpreted as the date you employ your first employee
Anyone working with you, with or without wages, in this case interns, are considered as employees. You will need to get the S&E registration.
Shops & Establishment Act was enacted to ensure good working conditions and safeguard wages of the employees. The Act:
  • Lays down the hours of work per day and week
  • Lays down guidelines for spread-over, rest interval, opening and closing hours, closed days, national and religious holidays, overtime work
  • Rules for employment of children, young persons and women
  • Lays down the minimum wages to be paid
  • Rules for annual leave, maternity leave, sickness and casual leave, etc.
  • Rules for employment and termination of service
  • Maintenance of registers and records and display of notices
  • Obligation of Employers and Employees
Enforcement of the provisions of this Act is the responsibility of local authorities in their respective jurisdiction and of State Govt. in respective areas. Local authority or State Govt. may appoint necessary number of inspectors for the purpose of this Act.
There are no filings that you need to do after getting the Registration. However, the company has to maintain the registers and records of employee attendance, leave, fines & penalties, advances and wages.
The Act allows the Inspector to enter at all reasonable times with such assistants in any place in which he has reason to believe is an establishment. Hence even if you have not registered under S&E Act, the inspector has rights to inspect your establishment and levy penalties, first for not registering and next for any provisions of the the S&E Act you may have flouted
If your additional places of business is in the same state, you can add them in the same registration and you will have same registration number for all your places of business. However, if you have additional places of business in different state you will have to go for fresh registration in each state.
Closing of the establishment must also be notified to the Inspector within 15 days where upon such establishment may be removed from the registration of establishment and registration certificate is cancelled

Still have doubts?

Get started

Drop us a note with basic details. You will receive a call from us.